- Coat a large stock pot with vegetable spray or 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Remove sausage from casings and heat over medium heat in stock pot until sausage is crumbled and no longer pink.
- When the sausage is completely cooked, add sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are sautéed.
- Add the entire bag of baby spinach.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is lightly sautéed.
- Add diced tomatoes and stir thoroughly.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and simmer on low for 10–15 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.