Cookbook:Saucepan Fudge Crackle Cookies
These are true chocolate cookies. They are brownie-like or cake-like. They tend to have a dome-like surface that stands 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch tall, and have a diameter of 2.5 to 5 inches. The surface is cracked.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a 3-quart saucepan on low heat, melt together the margarine and chocolate.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat.
- Into the chocolate mixture, mix the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and nuts.
- Mix the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm. Overnight would be good.
- Make 1.5-inch balls of the mixture. As you make them, roll them in coarse sugar and place them onto a cool, ungreased, insulated cookie sheet. Be sure to allow room for expansion.
- Bake at 300°F for 20 minutes.
- Immediately remove the cookies from the cookie sheet. If you delay, the cookies will very strongly adhere to the cookie sheet.