Cookbook:Rice with Tofu and Nuts
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Vegan Cuisine
This recipe serves 1 person as a main dish and 2 people as a side dish.
- Wash the rice with several changes of cold water. Drain.
- Add the water, bay leaf, peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook covered for about 12 minutes until all the water has evaporated and the rice grains are tender yet separate.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the tofu and shallow-fry until for a few minutes on each side.
- Scoop out of the oil and set aside.
- To the same oil, add the nuts and the raisins and shallow-fry until the nuts are golden brown and the raisins have plumped up.
- Remove from heat.
- Turn the rice into a serving bowl and fluff gently with a fork.
- Fold in the tofu and the nuts gently and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- The whole spices are intended to be discarded, not eaten.