Cookbook:Red Cross Fudge
|Red Cross Fudge|
|Time||20 minutes plus cooling|
Red cross fudge is a delicious, easy fudge that works every time and never crystallizes.
For 4 pounds (1.8 kg):
- Combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk, vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Cook on medium heat for 11 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, walnuts to fudge and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered pan and let cool.
- Cut into squares when it cuts without melting back together but before it becomes crumbly.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Substituting margarine for butter makes the fudge oily. Imitation vanilla affects the aroma.
- Other varieties of chips (vanilla, butterscotch, etc.) work as well.