Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cookbook:Vegetarian
Ratatouille is a traditional Provençal stewed vegetable dish that can be served as a meal on its own, accompanied by rice, potatoes or French bread, or as a side dish. This version of the recipe is ideal for kids, simple to make, and very healthy.
For 2 servings:
- 400 g tin of baked beans
- 1 onion, finely diced/chopped
- 1 zucchini (courgettes), finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped/crushed (optional)
- Put a pan on the stove on medium heat.
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in a little oil—5 minutes should be enough to start to make them soft.
- Add the peppers and courgette and continue to fry gently for a further 4—5 minutes until the ingredients soften.
- Add the beans and warm through.
- Serve in a bowl on its own or with toast.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Increase quantities to serve more, and add different vegetables as desired for variation.