Ratatouille is a traditional Provençal stewed vegetable dish that can be served as a meal on its own, accompanied by rice, potatoes or French bread, or as a side dish. This version of the recipe is ideal for kids, simple to make, and very healthy.
- Put a pan on the stove on medium heat.
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in a little oil—5 minutes should be enough to start to make them soft.
- Add the peppers and courgette and continue to fry gently for a further 4–5 minutes until the ingredients soften.
- Add the beans and warm through.
- Serve in a bowl on its own or with toast.
Notes, tips, and variations edit
- Increase quantities to serve more, and add different vegetables as desired for variation.