Cookbook:Raisin Oatmeal Muffins
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Bread | Breakfast
These muffins make a good breakfast for a family. They go well with milk.
- 1 cup (240 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (240 g) rolled oats (traditional slow type)
- ⅓ cup (80 g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup (180 ml) milk
- ¼ cup (60 ml) oil
- ½–1 cup (120–240g) raisins
- Butter for the pan
- Pre-heat an oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Butter a muffin pan or cupcake pan.
- Place the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in a different bowl.
- Mix both bowls apart, then merge them and mix again.
- Spoon batter into the pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until brown with crispy edges.
- Immediately flip the muffins upside-down using a butter knife. Leave them in the hot pan to prevent condensation from ruining the surface.
- Muffins are best served hot!
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Follow the above recipe with the following ingredient adjustments:
- 140 grams (4.9 oz) whole wheat flour
- 120 grams (4.2 oz) rolled oats
- 75 grams (2.6 oz) sugar
- 40–80 grams (1.4–2.8 oz) raisins