- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoon cold butter or margarine
- In a bowl, combine the plums, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Transfer them to the pastry shell.
- For the topping, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the pie filling.
- Bake at 375°F for 50–60 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cover edges of crust during the last 20 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- Cool on a wire rack.