- 2 c. sifted flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. mashed fresh pumpkin (canned pumpkin can be used as well)
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Beat egg; mix in milk, pumpkin and oil.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture; pour in pumpkin mixture all at once.
- Stir quickly until flour is just moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, or until done. Run spatula around each muffin to loosen; serve immediately.
Makes about 15 (2 1/2 inch) muffins.