This pouch-roasted snapper cooks perfectly in 30 minutes.
- 2 cups quick-cook couscous
- 1 whole 2 lb (~1 kg) red snapper, cleaned, fins removed, head and tail intact
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ large bunch each dill, oregano, thyme, and parsley
- 1 ½ sprigs rosemary
- 2 large lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup butter, cut into small cubes
- Rinse the couscous, then sprinkle with kosher salt and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Lay the fish diagonally on a parchment-lined baking pan. Sprinkle liberally with salt and black pepper, inside and out. Stuff with the herbs and several slices of lemon. Place remaining lemon slices under fish.
- Run couscous through a sieve all around the fish. Drizzle Worcestershire sauce and white white over fish. Dollop butter all over top.
- Top with another piece of parchment and staple shut.
- Bake at 425°F (about 215˚C) for 30 minutes. Open with a paring knife and serve.