Cookbook:Pork Burritos with Green Pepper Sauce
|Pork Burritos with Green Pepper Sauce|
|Time||Prep time: 15 minutes|
Cook time: 8–10 hours
Stand time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped (~1 cup)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) medium chunky salsa
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild chunky salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (~1 cup)
- 8 scallions, chopped (~1 cup)
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped (~1 cup)
- ¼ cup lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 ea. (4 pounds) boneless pork loin roast, tied or netted
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 12 ea. 10-inch flour tortillas
- 8 ounces (~2 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until tender.
- Stir the next 10 ingredients into the skillet.
- Put the pork roast into a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover roast with salsa mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8–10 hours or until meat is fork-tender.
- Remove roast and let stand 10 minutes on cutting board.
- Shred pork with forks.
- Transfer 5 cups salsa mixture from cooker into 2-quart saucepan. Stir in chiles.
- Cook over medium heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook and stir 15 minutes to thicken mixture.
- Spoon a cup of shredded pork down center of each tortilla.
- Top with 2 tablespoons green chile sauce.
- Roll sides of tortilla over and then fold up ends to hold filling.
- Cover burritos with rest of green chile sauce and cheese.