Cookbook:Ponche de Crème
|Ponche de Crème|
Ponche de crème is a seasonal beverage usually enjoyed as a cocktail at Christmastime. It is similar to eggnog.
For 12 servings:
- Beat eggs and lime peel until light and fluffy.
- Add evaporated milk.
- Sweeten to taste with condensed milk.
- Add bitters, grated nutmeg and rum according to taste.
- Remove lime peel and serve over crushed ice.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Instead of beating the raw eggs, you can gently stir them together with the other ingredients over a low heat until the mixture thickens (about 20-25 minutes).