|This dish contains raw eggs. Be advised that raw eggs may cause food poisoning and could be especially hazardous for the elderly, small children, and pregnant women.|
Notes, tips, and variations Edit
- The brandy may be replaced with dark rum.
Variation I – Extra frothy eggnog Edit
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- Beat egg yolks first, allowing them to lighten in color.
- Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Turn the mixer off and add liquids.
- Beat egg whites separately, adding the 1 T sugar when peaks form. Continue beating until peaks stiffen.
- Whisk egg whites into the main mixture.
- Chill and serve.