This is a very quick, easy Pineapple Teriyaki entrée, to be served over rice. It is listed as both meat and vegetarian because it works around the pineapple, veggies, and teriyaki, not the protein. Put the rice on to cook first, and the rest will probably be finished by the time the rice is ready.
A Teriyaki recipe is available for those who cannot or do not wish to purchase prepared teriyaki sauce.
For the riceEdit
Bring all to a boil in a pot or rice cooker. In a pot, cover, turn the heat down when it boils. Simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on, then turn off the heat, fluff with a fork, and let stand for a few minutes.
For on top of the riceEdit
- 1-2 T vegetable or olive oil
- 2 c cubed chicken or *2 c cubed tofu or vegetarian "chicken" (usually flavored, pressed gluten)
- 1 yellow or white onion
- 1-2 bell peppers, whatever color(s) you prefer. Red and green stand out nicely against yellow pineapple.
- 1 14-16 oz. can of cubed pineapple, drained (Pineapple is often canned in juice, so you may wish to save what you drain.)
- 1/4 c (approx.) prepared teriyaki sauce. Soy Vay! Veri Veri Teriyaki is excellent, if available.
If you’d like more or thicker sauce, mix
You might also like to toss in
- Put rice on to cook, as outlined above.
- Cut up the chicken/tofu, onion, and bell pepper(s) into bite-sized chunks. Cut up everything before turning on the stove.
- Heat a deep 12" pan or wok over high heat.
- Add the oil.
- Sauté everything in the oil, adding ingredients in the following order, so as to cook heavier items longer:
- Bell peppers
- Add the teriyaki sauce and the cornstarch mixture. If using cornstarch, heat to boiling to thicken and correct with extra water or juice as necessary.
- Serve over rice.