Cookbook:Peanut Butter Cookies
|Peanut Butter Cookies|
|Servings||Makes about a dozen and a half|
Peanut butter cookies are one of the most popular kinds of cookies. Add lemon zest for flavor.
- 110 g (120 ml / ½ cup / 4 oz) peanut butter
- 110 g (120 ml / ½ cup / 4 oz) granulated sugar
- 110 g (120 ml / ½ cup / 4 oz) brown sugar
- 110 g (120 ml / ½ cup / 4 oz) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 280 g (300 ml / 1 ¼ cup / 10 oz) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Start by preheating oven to 180°C (350°F / gas mark 4).
- Cream together sugars, melted butter, egg, and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
- Combine flour, peanut butter, salt, and baking soda in the mixture from step 2.
- After the mixture is complete, flatten small pieces into cookie shapes with a fork and place on an ungreased baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8–10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Pull out of the oven and allow to cool.
Notes, tips, and variations Edit
- If low on brown sugar, combine the white sugar and 1 tablespoon of molasses together.
- To give a sparkly look, dip cookie in step 4 on a small saucer sprinkled with sugar.
- Smooth peanut butter works much better than chunky.
- To flatten with a fork, press the tines of the fork across the cookie and then repeat going in the other direction to give a criss-cross pattern.
- For the alternate recipe (see below), you can use peanut oil instead of vegetable oil.