- Preheat oven to broil and position rack on the second from top position.
- Cut off ends of each orange, then cut off the rind using a paring knife, making certain that no bitter white pith remains.
- Cut each orange crosswise into thirds and place in an oven-proof baking dish.
- Combine melted butter with brown sugar, then spread over orange rounds.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place oranges in the oven and broil several minutes until the oranges are hot and begin to form brown spots on the tops.
- To serve, arrange oranges in pretty stemmed glassware and drizzle with any cooking juices. Top with a dollop of yogurt and a mint sprig.
Notes, tips, and variations
- The deep ruby color of the Cara Cara orange contrasts beautifully with the navel orange, but you can use two navel oranges if you prefer.