|Time||20 - 25 minutes|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Bread |Breakfast
A delicious muffin recipe that makes an excellent breakfast.
- 1 cup (240ml) rolled oats
- 1 cup (240ml) cultured buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (60ml) margarine
- 1 cup (240ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (180ml) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) coconut
- Stir rolled oats and buttermilk together in a mixing bowl.
- Combine flour, coconut, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another mixing bowl. Stir together to mix. Make a well in the center.
- Add egg and margarine to oat mixture. Mix well.
- Pour all at once into flour mixture. Stir just to moisten.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Oatmeal Raisin Muffin: Add 1/2 cup (120ml) raisins.
- Blueberry Oat Muffins: Omit Coconut, fold 1 cup (240ml) frozen blueberries before filling muffin cups.