Cookbook:Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies I
(Redirected from Cookbook:Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies)
|Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies I|
The oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe here, unlike many other cookie recipes which are manipulations of straight flour-based cookies, was made specifically for use with oats.
- In a large bowl beat eggs lightly to break the yolks, then mix in the shortening—you should have a loose mixture.
- Mix in the brown sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, and oatmeal together in another bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry mixes together to get a soft dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Make balls and place onto a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in an oven prheated to 180°C (350°F) for 15–20 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variations Edit
- Experiment with more or fewer chocolate chips and walnuts—tastes may vary.
- Lightly coat the nuts and chips with flour before adding to the mixture.