- 8 sweet crêpes (recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups (450 grams (16 oz)) Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread
- 32 banana slices, 0.5 inches (1.3 cm) thick
- 1/4 cup (20 grams (0.71 oz)) chopped hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup (80 milliliters (2.7 US fl oz)) sweetened whipped cream
- Powdered sugar
- Cook crêpes, if not already cooked.
- Gently fold cream into nutella. Set aside.
- Spread a 1/4 cup (65 grams (2.3 oz)) of nutella mixture on one side of each crepe, stopping 1 inch (2.5 cm) from the edges. Fold in half, then in half again, then set aside.
- Microwave remaining nutella on high until slightly thinned. Drizzle over folded crêpes, then place 4 banana slices on each plate. Sprinkle with hazelnuts, dust with powdered powdered sugar, then garnish with additional cream and a sprig of mint, if desired. Serve immediately.
- 1 cup (140 grams (4.9 oz)) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (55 grams (1.9 oz)) sugar
- 3/4 cup (185 milliliters (6.3 US fl oz)) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters (4.2 US fl oz)) water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, 1/4 melted
- Pour flour, eggs, sugar, milk, water, and melted butter into a blender. Blend for 10 seconds. Pour into a container and refrigerate no more or less than an hour.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Swirl whole butter around the pan, Pour 1 ounce (28 g) of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 seconds and remove to the cutting board. Lay them out flat so they can cool.
- Continue until all batter is gone. After they have cooled you can stack them and store in seal-able plastic bags in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for up to two months. When using frozen crepes, thaw on a rack before gently peeling apart.