Cookbook:No-Bake Chocolate Pie
|No-Bake Chocolate Pie|
|Time||10 minutes prep,|
~30 minutes cooking
This is an old Dutch recipe for a very 'powerful' chocolate pie.
- 2-3 packs of 'marie' biscuits (also known as 'rich tea' biscuits)
- cold black coffee or other taste makers
- 150/200 gram cocoa powder
- 150/200 gram granulated sugar
- 250-500 grams of butter (use about 750grams or something for more then 2 layers of biscuits, and adjust cocoa/sugar amount to match or adjust to taste)
- some milk (about 1 cup)
- chocolate sprinkles
- Take a wide/big pan and melt the butter
- Add the sugar and stir/dissolve this into the butter
- Stir the cocoa through the sugar/butter mixture. optionally make this a little more liquid with some milk (not too much!!)
- Take the biscuits and dip them into the cold black coffee. put these on the bottom of the dish.
- After creating a layer of biscuits pour/smear the chocolate mix on top of it then make another layer with dipped biscuits and pour/smear another layer of chocolate
- Repeat this until you run out of chocolate/biscuits.
- Finally place the chocolate sprinkles on top and put it in the fridge until it's hard enough to consume.
Notes, Tips, and VariationsEdit
- Measurements shouldn't be taken to be precise, play with the amounts to your likings
- Milk is optional, too much will make the cake less solid
- Coffee is optional. Addition is to taste.