Cookbook:Nigerian Pawpaw Soup
Pawpaw soup is a native soup of the Tiv ethno-linguistic group of Nigeria. It can be enjoyed with fufu or eba.
- Soak pawpaw flakes with cold water. Set aside, and allow it to rise.
- Remove all the bones in the dry fish, and soak it in hot water.
- Mix egusi and water in a bowl to form a thick paste.
- Place beef in a pot, along with diced onion, salt, and seasoning cube. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the palm oil, ground chilli pepper, and locust beans. Cover with water, and adjust the seasoning with salt and seasoning cubes.
- Set over medium heat, and simmer for a while.
- Stir in the egusi paste, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the soaked dryfish, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in the pawpaw flakes, cover, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve with semovita, eba, or fufu.