Cookbook:Nigerian Dambun Couscous
|Nigerian Dambun Couscous
Dambun couscous is a northern Nigerian dish, and it is special because it always steamed. It is really enjoyable and delicious because it is well-garnished with veggies. It is highly nutritious, rich in mineral and vitamin content. Dambun couscous preparation is simple, and the dish is normally served on its own.
- Wash meat thoroughly, then boil and set aside.
- Combine couscous, salt, vegetable oil, and a dash of water. Transfer the mixture to a steamer basket or colander.
- Boil a few inches of water in a pot. Add the couscous in the steamer basket, and cover the pot. Steam for a few minutes.
- Add the moringa leaves to the couscous. Cover the pot, and steam for some time.
- Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onion, and fry until golden brown. Add the peppers, peas, spring onion, and carrots.
- Season the vegetables with seasoning cube and salt. Add the cooked meat, and cook together.
- Gradually mix the couscous into the vegetables and meat. Allow to steam for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and transfer to a platter. Garnish with cucumber slices.
- Serve hot.