Cookbook:Nigerian Chicken Pepper Soup
|Nigerian Chicken Pepper Soup
Chicken pepper soup is the chicken version of the original Nigerian pepper soup.
- Rinse the chicken very well. Transfer to a pot, and add the thyme, calabash nutmeg, and other seasonings as desired. Stir well to combine.
- Add the quartered onions. Cover the contents of the pot with water. Bring to a boil, and simmer until the chicken is soft.
- Remove the onion pieces and discard them. Stir in the chopped tatashe and habanero, scent leaves, and parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes maximum.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with white rice or agidi.