Cookbook:Nigerian Brown Rice with Vegetables
|Nigerian Brown Rice with Vegetables
Brown rice with vegetables is a rice dish that is simple to prepare and delicious.
- Wash the rice in hot water until the water runs clear.
- Combine the rice in a pot with salt, seasoning cubes, onions, pepper, garlic, and ground crayfish. Add twice as much water as rice, and stir to combine.
- Place the pot on the heat, and cook without stirring until the water is fully absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a pot over high heat. Add the chopped onions, carrots, and peppers, and fry for 5 minutes. Season with salt and seasoning cube, and cook for 5 more minutes on low heat.
- Split the vegetables into equal halves. Scoop the rice into the veggies in batches and sauté until the grains begin to separate from one another. Continue to add more rice and vegetables, stirring occasionally, until all of the rice and vegetables are well combined.
- Keep the rice over low heat for a few minutes after you've finished cooking it to allow the flavor to permeate the rice. Remove it from the heat, and serve it while it's still hot.