Cookbook:Neapolitan Anchovy Sauce
|Neapolitan Anchovy Sauce|
|Time||5 - 8 minutes|
Neapolitan anchovy sauce is a delicious, creamy sauce, perfect for meat or vegetables.
- Wash anchovies in vinegar, bone and pound using a mortar and pestle with fennel and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Mix in parsley and marjoram, a squeeze of lemon juice, flour, cream, and the bones of the fish for which you will use this sauce.
- Pass through a sieve, add garlic, and boil.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- If the fish you are using is cooked in the oven, add a little of the liquor in which it has been cooked to the sauce.
- Take out the garlic before serving.
- Instead of anchovies you may use caviar, pickled tunny, or any other pickled fish.
This page incorporates text from the public domain cookbook The Cook's Decameron: A Study In Taste, Containing Over Two Hundred Recipes For Italian Dishes by Emily Waters.