This is a tasty and easy-to-make soup recipe.
- Mix the fowl with potato flour, Bechamel sauce, and the yolk.
- Put this into a tube about the size round of an ordinary macaroni.
- Twenty minutes before serving, squirt the forcemeat into a saucepan with boiling stock, and nip off the forcemeat as it comes through the pipe into pieces about an inch and a half long.
- Let it simmer, and add boiled peas and asparagus tips.
- If you like to have the fowl macaroni white and green, you can color half the forcemeat with a spoonful of spinach colouring.
- Serve in a good clear soup.
This page incorporates text from the public domain cookbook The Cook's Decameron: A Study In Taste, Containing Over Two Hundred Recipes For Italian Dishes by Emily Waters.