Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine
The following is a recipe on how to make breaded mozzarella sticks.
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- Preheat deep fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Slice mozzarella into sticks 1-3 cm in diameter.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg.
- Fill another small bowl with bread crumbs.
- Dip 3-4 sticks at a time into the egg.
- Shake excess egg off sticks and place them in the bread crumbs.
- Shake bowl of bread crumbs, evenly coating all sticks. Add more bread crumbs as needed.
- Place coated sticks to the side and repeat for remaining sticks.
- After all sticks have been coated, repeat the egg-dip and crumb-coat for each once more.
- Place all sticks in fryer basket and submerge in 350°F oil.
- Let sit for 30 seconds, gently rocking basket occasionally.
- Lift basket and let cool for a few seconds. If cheese is not beginning to ooze out from half the sticks, re-submerge in oil for another 10-15 seconds, gently shaking the basket. Repeat until the cheese is just starting to ooze out.
- Dump onto paper towel and pat off excess oil gently.
- Serve hot.
Alternate - Mozzarella bitesEdit
- Slice mozzarella into cubes 2-3 cm on a side.
- Dip 5-6 bites at a time into the egg.
- Continue with the rest of the recipe as above, and enjoy mozzarella bites.