|Time||1.5 - 2 hours|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Meat Recipes | Midwestern U.S. cuisine
For 1 loaf pan:
- 2 lbs (900 g) ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- sprinkle of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup (240 g) cracker crumbs
- 1-2 cans of mushroom soup
- Combine the ground beef, eggs, minced garlic, salt, allspice, curry powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix in the chopped onion, celery, and cracker crumbs.
- Press the mixture into a standard loaf pan.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for about 10-20 minutes until browned on top.
- Tilt the pan, and drain off any accumulated grease. Add the mushroom soup on top.
- Bake another 1.5 to 2 hours until cooked through.