- Slivered almonds
- Roasted seeds
- Sliced dates
- Other toppings, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Stir together flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add the milk and egg, and knead to form a smooth dough. Cover the dough and place in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out about ¼ inch thick. Pat evenly into greased baking dish or rectangular forms.
- Prick the dough all over with a fork. Bake in the preheated 200°C oven.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, and stir in the add butter and cream. Mix well.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto the baked base of the cake. Spread evenly with spatula or a knife.
- While the topping is warm, decorate with the listed decorations or any other desired toppings.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Walnuts are very good in this recipe.