Marly sponge is a meringue stabilized with flour. It is typically used as a component in other pastries.
- Mix the almonds, flour, and the first quantity of sugar with a wire whisk.
- Whip the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Add the second quantity of sugar, little by little, and beat to firm peaks.
- Fold the almond mixture into the egg whites.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and draw circles of the required diameter on the paper.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe spirals of meringue into the circles.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 12–15 minutes.