Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Marly sponge is a meringue stabilized with flour. It is typically used as a component in other pastries.
- 5 oz (150 g) almond meal
- 2¼ oz (70 g) cake flour
- 8 oz (250 g) sugar
- 8 oz (250 g) egg whites
- 5 oz (150 g) sugar
- Mix the almonds, flour, and the first quantity of sugar with a wire whisk.
- Whip the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Add the second quantity of sugar, little by little, and beat to firm peaks.
- Fold the almond mixture into the egg whites.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and draw circles of the required diameter on the paper.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe spirals of meringue into the circles.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 12–15 minutes.