- Combine tequila, oil, mix, lime, cumin, cilantro, adobo, and the chiles in a blender until smooth. Pour into a gallon size zip-top bag and add chicken. Toss to coat and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat grill. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper and place on grill.
- Cook, turning often, until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74˚C).
- While chicken cooks, run the marinade through a cheesecloth and skim off the oil. Bring to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat and cook until liquid has reduced to 3 ounces.
- Once chicken is done, remove to a plate and pour marinade over top. Cover tightly with foil and let rest 15 minutes before serving.