- 8 ounces chuck, trimmed and cut into 1½-inch cubes
- 8 ounces sirloin, trimmed and cut into 1½-inch cubes
- Steak Rub
- Olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, halved
- 4 slices of your favorite cheese (e.g. pepper jack)
- Favorite toppings
- Pass meat cubes through a meat grinder set to fine. Once all ground, mix and form into 4 patties.
- Brush patties with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with Steak Rub.
- Grill on high for about 3–4 minutes per side for medium rare, 5–6 for medium, and 7–8 for well-done. During the last minute, place one slice of cheese on top.
- Remove and place one patty on top of each bottom half of halved buns.
- Top with your favorite condiments and finish with the top half. Serve.