Cookbook:Maitorieska (Finnish Barley Flatbread)
|Maitorieska (Finnish Barley Flatbread)|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cuisine of Finland
Maitorieska (milk rieska, pronounced "RE-ehskuh") is a barley-based flatbread that is a local specialty and a very traditional food in the Ylivieska area of Finland.
- Preheat oven to 300°C (570°F), or as high as it will go.
- Combine milk and salt, and add flour. Mix the ingredients well to make a dough.
- Knead into a flat, round bread (about 0.5 cm / ¼ inch thick).
- Bake on an oven tray for about 10 minutes or until the surface gets some darker spots. Alternatively, fry it in a pan on the stove or on open fire.
- Eat fresh with butter and cold milk.