Cookbook:Lime and Mascarpone Cheesecake
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Dessert
|Lime and Mascarpone Cheesecake|
Lime and mascarpone cheesecake is a very creamy and delightfully simple dessert. It can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge. No cooking is required.
For 8 servings:
- 500 g mascarpone cheese (or plain cream cheese)
- 4 limes (preferably unwaxed)
- 200 g ginger nut biscuits, crushed or ground in a food processor
- 50 g butter
- Icing sugar to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the biscuit crumbs. Press firmly into a 20cm diameter loose-bottomed dish and put aside.
- Put the mascarpone in a bowl and beat until firm.
- Add the juice of three limes and the grated or zested rind of all four into the cheese.
- Stir, adding icing sugar to taste.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the biscuit base and chill for an hour or so before serving.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Feel free to serve with grated chocolate.