Cookbook:Latte di Suocera (Lemon Cream Liqueur)
|Latte di Suocera (Lemon Cream Liqueur)
Latte di suocera, translated as mother-in-law's milk, is an Italian alcoholic beverage. La suocera (the mother-in-law) is as proverbial in Italy as she is anywhere else, and Italians (especially daughters-in-law) have come up with all sorts of ways to keep them content (one of the most popular items in candy stands at fairs is addormenta suocere, candied nuts that supposedly send mothers-in-law off into a deep sleep). Latte di suocera makes for a nice after dinner drink and will also work very well over vanilla ice cream.
- Combine all the ingredients in a wide-mouthed jar, and screw the lid on tightly.
- Shake well, and place the jar in a cool, dark place.
- Shake once a day for 8 days.
- Filter the liquid and bottle it.
- Stopper the bottle, put it in a cool dark place, and let it rest for a month before serving.