Cookbook:Kokoro (Nigerian Fried Corn Snack) II
|Kokoro (Nigerian Fried Corn Snack) II
This recipe is for a variety of kokoro where the dough is fermented and shaped into a circle.
- Soak the cornmeal in water for 3–4 days to allow fermentation. Drain the water.
- Transfer the soaked cornmeal to a pot. Mix in the salt and ground pepper.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat until thick but not too thick.
- Remove from the heat, and place the corn dough into an oiled bowl. Cover tightly, and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Dust a work surface with corn flour.
- Oil your palms, take a portion of dough, and roll it into a 'snake'. Join the ends to form a ring, and press to seal both ends together. Repeat this process for the rest of the dough.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add the dough rings, and deep fry until golden brown all over.
- Remove the kokoro from the oil.
- Cool and serve with beverages.