Cookbook:Kokoro (Nigerian Fried Corn Snack) I
|Kokoro (Nigerian Fried Corn Snack) I
Kokoro is a crunchy Nigerian snack made of corn. It can be eaten alone or accompanied by cassava flakes, custard, or beverages.
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot. Add some water, and set on the heat.
- Stir continuously over medium heat until it thickens to a thick and elastic dough.
- Remove from the heat, and let cool.
- Dust a cutting board with corn flour.
- Take a portion of the dough, and roll it on the board, forming a long 'snake' with thin edges. Repeat this for the rest of the dough.
- Heat the oil over high heat. Add the dough snakes, and fry until golden brown.
- Remove the kokoro from the oil, and remove any excess oil.
- Cool and serve. Store in an airtight container.