Klepon (pronounced Klê-pon) is a traditional Indonesian rice cake, from Javanese cuisine. It is a boiled rice cake, stuffed with liquid gula jawa (Palm sugar), and rolled in grated coconut. Klepon is green because it is flavored with a paste made from the pandan.
- Grind pandan leaves finely, mix with water or just use pandan paste. Grate the coconut, put aside.
- Mix Glutinous Rice Flour and Sagoo Flour until well mixed, add pandan paste and a little water. Mix well with hand until it formed a soft green dough. make Make sure that the dough is not to hard, if necessary add a bit more of water.
- Form a little balls shape with 2-3 cm diameter, push it with your finger to make a small hole, fill it with palm sugar, close it again and form a ball.
- Boil a lot of water in a big stock pot. Put the little balls one by one in the boiling water. Cook for about 5 minutes until they emerge on the surface of the boiling water. Take them out and drain.
- Sprinkle or rolled the balls on shredded coconut.