Cookbook:Kilishi (Nigerian Beef Jerky)
|Kilishi (Nigerian Beef Jerky)|
Kilishi is a spicy Nigerian beef jerky. It is a popular snack from the north of the country.
- Rub salt on both sides of the beef.
- Lay the beef slices on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 250°C, flipping the slices every 5 minutes.
- Pound/blend the ginger and garlic together; transfer to a small bowl, then stir in the stock cube, cloves, and a little water. Stir in the cayenne seeds and suya pepper spice.
- Rub the spice mixture on the meat slices. Return to the oven for another 10–15 minutes, flipping the slices from time to time.
- Remove from the oven, and serve.