Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
|This Cookbook page needs an image. Please add one if you know where to find it, or upload one if you have an image of your own. See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.|
|Category||Main course recipes|
Khao pad is Thai fried rice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of cooked rice, cooled
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup of cooked meat (e.g. shrimp, pork, chicken, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spring onion as desired, sliced
- Heat up a frying pan or wok and add the oil, then the minced garlic. Stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the eggs, and stir fry the eggs until cooked.
- Add the rice and stir fry.
- Season with fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar, then continue frying until the rice is crumbly.
- Add meat, pepper, and spring onions. Stir again until heated through, then transfer to a serving dish.