|This Cookbook page needs an image. Please add one if you know where to find it, or upload one if you have an image of your own. See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.
Khao Pad—Thai fried rice. Use rice with oil; add eggs, meat, vegetables; season with sugar, fish sauce.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of cooked rice, cooled
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup of cooked meat (shrimp, pork, chicken, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- spring onion (sliced) as desired
- Heat up the pan and add the water, then the minced garlic. Stir fry until fragrant, then add the eggs and stir the eggs until cooked.
- Add the rice and stir fry. Season with fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar, then continue until the rice is crumbly.
- Add meat, pepper, and spring onions. Stir again, then scoop on a serving dish.