Cookbook:Kanom Piak Poon (Thai Coconut and Pandan Pudding)
|Kanom Piak Poon (Thai Coconut and Pandan Pudding)
Kanom piak poon is a thickened Thai sweet made of coconut, rice flour, and pandan.
- Combine the rice flour, arrowroot, and lime water. Stir in the sugar, water, pandan juice, coconut milk, and salt until the sugar dissolves. Strain this mixture into a brass pan or pot to remove any solids.
- Heat the pan over low heat. Stir the mixture continuously over low heat to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the mixture is glossy and thickened. This will take about 30–40 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into an oiled mold. Smooth the top, then let rest until cool.
- When the pudding is cooled, use a knife to cut into the desired shape. Serve with grated coconut.
Notes, tips, and variations edit
- If the pot or pan starts to heat until the smoke rises, reduce the heat a little and stir the flour mixture quickly.