|Servings||6 to 9|
Jambons are a type of square pastry filled with cheese and ham. The name is derived from the French word for ham, and they are common in the UK and Ireland.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Melt butter over medium heat and add flour. Cook for 5 minutes and begin adding milk gradually until the mixture thickens.
- Cut your pre-prepared puff pastry into squares and spoon a generous amount of the mixture onto each square.
- Fold the corners of the puff pastry so that they meet in the centre, forming a panier feuilleté (puff pastry basket) shape.
- Beat the egg and brush it over each sealed panier feuilleté.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden brown.