- 3 lbs (1400g) cooked chicken strips
- 1 cup (240ml) chopped onion
- 1 cup (240 ml) chopped green bell pepper
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) diced cooked ham
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces or 400g each) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (240 ml) long grain rice
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp leaf thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add chicken and paprika, brown on all sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add onion, green bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Sauté over low heat until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in ham, tomatoes, chicken broth, rice, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken and turn to coat with sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.