Cookbook:Jamaican Jerk Chicken
For 4 servings:
- Combine rum and mustard, and rub all over chicken.
- Combine remaining ingredients and rub all over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but it is better to marinate overnight.
- Place chicken on a greased preheated charcoal grill. Cook, turning constantly until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes.
Tips, tricks and variationsEdit
- The spices always included allspice because the berries of the pimento tree are the source of allspice.
- When cooking the meat, barbecue is by far the best technique, failing that oven bake. Basting with beer is worth trying.
- Serve with rice and peas.
- See the chili pepper warnings.