Cookbook:Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp dehydrated lemon peel
- 3 tbsp dark rum
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup brown mustard
- Combine rum and mustard and rub all over chicken.
- Combine remaining ingredients and rub all over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.(Better if marinated over night
- Place on a greased preheated charcoal grill and cook, turning constantly until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes. Serves 4.
Tips, tricks and variationsEdit
The spices always included allspice because the berries of the pimento tree are the source of allspice. When cooking the meat, barbecue is by far the best technique, failing that oven bake. Basting with beer is worth trying. Serve with rice and peas.
See the chili pepper warnings.