- Combine the avocados, minced chilis, cilantro, cumin, garlic, jicama, lime juice, mango, mint, pineapple, and salt in a medium-sized bowl then add the onion.
- Mix everything together thoroughly but gently.
- Put the avocado pits in the salad, to help the avocados retain color.
- Chill for about 2 hours, tightly covered.
- Take out the pits and serve.
Tips, Notes, and VariationsEdit
- To scald the minced onion, pour about a quart of boiling water over the onion in a colander or strainer inside a bowl and let stand while preparing rest of recipe.