For 1 serving:
- 1 Pot
- 1 Tea cup
- 1 Strainer
- Take a pot, add all the ingredients listed above. Bring to a boil, let simmer for no more than a minute, unless you like a stronger tea taste.
- Use a strainer and pour tea into cup.
- Milk like beverages (for example, Hood Milk Beverage) can take the place of milk.
- Most ordinary supermarket teas are okay. You can also go to an Indian store.
- Adjust the milk/water quantities to your taste.
- When water comes to boil, you can add some grated ginger, a pinch or two of powdered cinnamon, or fresh tulsi leaves.
- To make a stronger tea: boil around ¾ cup water, add sugar and tea, turn off the flame, and cover the pot with a lid. Strain the black tea into a cup, and then add hot milk to taste.