Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cake
|Servings||Unknown serving amount|
|Time||From 1 hour - depends on decoration|
Honey Gingerbread is a simple and easy to prepare honey cake. It may be decorated if desired.
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 125 g butter
- 190 g powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 clove
- 1 egg white
- 150 g or more powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except one egg and mix until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Put the last egg in a cup or small bowl and beat it.
- Divide the dough into five or six portions. Take one portion and roll it out about 3 mm thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Transfer cookies to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- When the baking sheet is full, use the beaten egg to glaze the cookies.
- Bake at 180°C for a few minutes, until the cakes are light brown.
- Repeat the remaining dough.
- Mix the egg white and sugar. You may need to add more sugar if the mixture is not firm enough.
- Place the icing in a piping bag or other plastic bag. Cut a small hole (~1 mm) in the tip.
- Squeeze the bag to pipe out the icing, and use to decorate the cookies.