|Servings||Unknown serving amount|
|Time||From 1 hour - depends on decoration|
Honey Gingerbread is a simple and easy to prepare honey cake. It may be decorated if desired.
- 500g smooth flour
- 125g butter
- 190g powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 clove
You may need some molds to shape the cakes.
- 1 egg white
- 150g or more powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except one egg and mix until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Put the last egg in a cup or small bowl and mix it.
- Divide the dough into five or six portions. Take one portion and roll it flat, about 3mm thick. Molds are useful for shaping - cut some nice forms and put them on a baking tin.
- When the tin is full, take the mixed egg and glaze top of every cake.
- Bake at 180°C for a few minutes, until the cakes have a light brown colour.
- Repeat with other dough portions.
If you wish to decorate the cakes you will need additional time - perhaps hours if the decoration is complex.
- Mix the egg white and sugar. You may need to add more sugar if the mixture is not firm enough.
- If you do not have accessories needed to "paint" on cakes you can use a plastic bag - just cut off a corner of the bag to make a small hole, about 1mm in diameter. Put the icing mixture in the bag, seal or roll closed the top opening, and squeeze the icing out of the small hole.
- "Paint" or ice the cakes.