- 36 chicken wingettes, or 18 whole chicken wings, tips removed and halved
- 1/4 tsp hickory smoke powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Maple syrup as needed plus 6 tbsp
- Cornmeal as needed
- 3 tbsp Smoky Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- Oil for deep frying
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in maple syrup then dredge in cornmeal and fry at 350° in batches for 12 minutes. Drain on a cooling rack.
- Combine 6 tbsp maple syrup with remaining ingredients. Add wings and toss to coat. Serve.