- Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge meat pieces in this mixture.
- Melt butter in heavy pan, add meat, and sear until lightly browned.
- Add onions and seasonings. Cook, stirring, until onions start to get translucent.
- Stir together water and bouillon cube/powder until well-dissolved. Add to meat/onion mixture along with vinegar and beer.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer about 3 hours until meat is tender. Stir occasionally to avoid scorching.
- Check seasoning, and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over cooked rice.