Cookbook:Gyuveche (Bulgarian Casserole) II
|Gyuveche (Bulgarian Casserole) II|
Gyuveche is a popular Bulgarian casserole. Bulgarians typically use whatever is left over in the fridge to make this dish
- Chop or dice everything you want to put in.
- Alternate layers of cheese, meat, and vegetables in a baking dish. Finish with cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven at 200 °C (375 °F) for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Break the egg on top and put back in the oven for another 5–10 minutes depending on how well-done you like your eggs.
- Serve with fresh bread or toast. Enjoy!
Notes, tips, and variations edit
- You may use as many different kinds of cheese as you like, but make sure to include feta cheese, as it is the traditional one for this dish and is not as oily when it melts.