Cookbook:Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo
(Redirected from Cookbook:Gumbo)
|Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo|
- 2 bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 4 stalks of celery
- Brown outside of chicken breasts in small amount of oil then set aside.
- Make a roux in a large saucepan.
- Add Trinity to roux and soften.
- Slowly stir in water.
- Cut up chicken breasts and add to gumbo to cook until done.
- Slice up sausage and add 1/2 hour later.
- Simmer. Serve in a bowl with a little rice and green onions on top. Gumbo will be better if left over night and eaten the next day.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Refer to reputable cooking website for genuine recipes. This one is very simplified and will really disappoint.
- Hot sauce can be added to taste.
- Filé may be added to thicken individual servings as served.
- Use home-made chicken stock instead of water. Water has no flavor by itself, and store-bought chicken stock has way too much salt.